Thursday, September 30, 2010

Glad you stopped by...

Hello! So glad you stopped by for a visit! I am the mother of two beautiful blessing who are 6 and 4 years old. My youngest has a heightened sensory system. I have had several "experts" do assessments and provide opinions, but not one agrees with the other. For now, the only label I am interested in him having is "loved." Some days are great, other days I am brought to my knees with exhaustion. I am creating this blog with the hope of meeting other parents and sharing information. I think we can all learn from each other and would love to find some new members of my support team! If you have stopped by, take a second to introduce yourself and share a bit about your special blessing. I'd love to meet you!

2 comments:

  1. Hello My Name is Katrina and I have a daugther that is 6yrs old. She is Sensory Intergration Dysfunciton. I have a newsletter that I get that I enjoy. It has helpped to understand alot that is going on with my daugther. She has good days and then there are those days that she just looses control. http://www.hartleysboys.com this link is where I get alot of information or read about other children that are Sensory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katrina!

    So glad you came by to say hello! My name is Kim and it's nice to meet you. Thank you for the link to the website. I will definately check it out today. May I ask a little about your daughter...What types of things bother her the most? Does she receive any type of therapy? How does her SID affect life at school? I'm not trying to be nosey, I'm just curious if we have shared experiences with our children. Nick's main issues are with sound, touch, new environments, smells, and lights. It can make some days really challenging! Baseball games, concerts, church activities are all a difference experience now. Glad you stopped by and I look forward to chatting with you!

    ReplyDelete